Kaelyn P. Vanternass
|Kaelyn P. Vanternass|
September 8, 2012
Sorceress, Trader, Adventurer
time sensitivity, heightened strength, magic sensitivity, Daemon science user, magical knowledge
Child of the Machine
Kaelyn's origins are forever bound to that of The Hotel. One of the products of Mango's 400 Baby Project, Kaelyn was number 186 of the batch, created through the DNA combination of the Time Lord Thrash and sorceress Paisley P.Peinforte. Sent out in a capsule into the time-space vortex, it seemed the baby girl was destined for some unknown destination.
However, in the middle of her journey, her ship was intercepted by a future regeneration of her father and brought on board his TARDIS. While he cared (in his own way) for his daughter, Thrash decided it would be in her best interest not to raise her himself. Instead, Thrash her to Pola Vanternass, a Gallifryian trader living on Polefry Beta, whom he had met during an adventure in his second regeneration. However, he would not forget her and would visit her on every odd numbered birthday. On her fifth birthday, she was given a locket by her father which contained a lock of Paisley's hair and a photograph of her, so Kaelyn would always know who her mother was. She would eventually be trained in the art of trading, as well as slowly gain an interest in the odd and unusual. At the age of 13 she would start traveling from planet to planet, gaining knowledge and plying her arts to other species.
Eventually, at the age of 16, Kaelyn would arrive at the Hotel, introducing herself to both her father and her mother, something which seemed to shock Paisley to no end. Noticing the lack of trade in the Hotel, Kaelyn decided to set up her own shop, Vanternass Emporium of Extraordinary Objects. After a few months, Paisley soon came to accept Kaelyn as part of her family and formally adopted her, the girl taking the last name of Peinforte to designate the rebirth. Learning more of her mother also started her investigating magic and the science of the Daemons.
Journey of the Sorceress
The Ballad of Kaelyn and Ike
On November 18, 2014, Kaelyn discovered/revealed that she was pregnant with Ike's child, the perhaps-inevitable result of all the sex they were having. Some time later, she gave birth to a boy, Robert Arthur Peinforte. Robert appears to be a normal Human infant and has not (yet) manifested any of his father's preternatural intelligence, something that all parties are of-yet grateful for.
On December 25th, 2018, Kaelyn discovered she was pregnant with a second child by Ike and is now preparing for this new addition in the family.
MORE COMING SOON
- Due to 90 deals she made with various Daemons and lesser magical beings, Kaelyn's soul is completely and utterly protected against all forms of attacks, magic, and control. She is also barred from going to the Netherworld when she dies due to these deals (as it would potentially cause a massive conflict and eventual war among their leaders). However due to Ike's Hallowing of Hell, these 90 contracts were rendered null and void, restoring her soul to it's full form. Oddly enough she still retains favor with these demons
- Has two hearts due to her half Time Lord nature. However, she can't regenerate.
- Kaelyn by nature describes herself a realist, though this may be partially due to her exposure to the darker sides of reality.
- Speaks with in a very quick clipped tone
- has a love for tea and actually collects various forms from across the universe
- suffers from a mild form of Merinthophobia due to her experience with The Master
- Is an expert with a cane sword, her original being made of a cold steel and iron mix, which was eventually destroyed in battle against the Levienthians. Her current sword is constructed of Cilsius Steel
- is allergic to Ulanda fruit
- is surprisingly able to expertly snowboard
- Kaelyn's middle name is actually Paisley, taken from her mother
- Kaelyn has postulated that while she may not regenerate, her body may still revive itself in some manner if she were to die.
- Does not know how to drive
- Kaleyn, unlike her mother, is a far more social creature and so in some ways is the "face" of the peinforte family in Windsor....for better or worse