|H.R.H. Sonia Nevermind|
|Birth||October 13, 1999|
|Family||Royal Family of Novoselic|
Analytical ability, Charisma
June 27, 2019
Sonia Nevermind was a student of Hope's Peak Academy's Class 77-B. Her Super High school talent was "Super High School Level Princess."
Sonia is a young woman in her early twenties, around 22 at youngest. She is a tall young woman with long light-blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. She wears a green and white dress with a large red ribbon with a blue and silver jewel on the chest and a dark green, almost black, ribbon with diamonds in her hair. She also wears a bracelet on her left wrist, black and gray thigh high socks, and red Mary Janes.
Sonia is a cheerful and polite girl with a great interest in Japanese culture. Being a princess, she takes a great interest in many rather ordinary things as well, such as cleaning and even the Japanese restrooms, due to not being familiar with them.
Sonia is fascinated with serial killers and the occult and has actually stated that she likes Friday the 13th, which made some of her fellow students nervous. She was very interested in visiting Hell when Gundham Tanaka talked about it, and in general, she is shown to be very in tune with his dark and bizarre ramblings, seemingly being the only one who understands his way of speaking.
Sonia is very kind and thoughtful, and she cares deeply for her friends, being very protective to those she holds a deep connection to. She can also be rather physically affectionate towards her friends, glomping and hugging them frequently.
Her very polite personality is well-demonstrated by the way she is shown to be kind and polite even towards people she does not like. However, she does possess a more hostile side towards people who are behaving badly. While she is very friendly, Sonia's commands are rather assertive and captivate the undivided attention of everyone surrounding her. It is stated that whenever she commands people, they feel an instinctive need to bow and listen to her. However, she can also suddenly curse a lot and shout out loud whenever she is very upset or in deep distress.
Because of her upbringing, Sonia can be rather naïve and her general behavior can make her appear a bit ditzy at times, but she is actually smart and capable of complex political analysis. She has faced many dangerous and stressful situations due to her status as a princess, and she is even skilled and fearless in combat. As a representative and authority figure of her country, she feels she has a great responsibility and always tries to stay calm and not show any weakness. She firmly states that she does not fear death, but she also won't let herself be killed nor kill any of her friends. She has a rather pragmatic side.
In general, she is shown to be deeply loyal to her country and always prioritizes her people and country over herself, even if it makes her unhappy inside.
Talent & Abilities
From the day she was born, Sonia destined to become the princess of the Kingdom of Novoselic. In order to become a true dignified princess, she must learn much knowledge such as leadership, foreign languages, economics, international law, and diagnostic medicine. Among the students of Class 77-B, Sonia lives a totally different life from her classmates. She claims that she already accepted her destiny as a princess whose life belongs to her country and its people and if she was to die, it would be for no other reason than the sake of her country and people. She hopes that her death would be a meaningful death to her country and people.
Living in a Kingdom that has a very unique law, culture, and tradition, Sonia has grown interested in studying different countries and languages. It was revealed before she was scouted by the Hope's Peak Academy Sonia can speak, read, and write thirty different languages.
Sonia follows every tradition in Novoselic. However, she denied a tradition to consume an animal species named Skong. The people of Novoselic consume Skong so they could be recognized as an adult. Sonia thinks that it is nice to retain purebred Skongs as a symbol of high status, but consuming them to their highest bidder could endanger the species. She planned to harness the energy that Skong and Makango released using the old tradition so she and her generation don't need to completely end the tradition. Sonia is eager to accomplish her plan and guides her people on the right path.
Sonia has grown interested in Freemasonry, which is forbidden for a princess like her. However, her interest is only at its academic and she is quite sad that no one could relate to her feelings. She believes that expanding her knowledge is the duty of every member of the royal family, and thus, making her interested in the occult, cults, and popular dramas.
Sonia states that in her own country, she is a princess before a person; therefore always prioritized her people and country than herself. Sometimes, she disliked that fact and looking forward to enrolling in Hope's Peak Academy as a regular student.
Sonia is very knowledgeable about warfare, knowing how to act in such a situation and how to use a large variety of weaponry including firearms and combat vehicles. In her country, all children receive a course in modern warfare in elementary school.
Before traveling to Japan, Sonia lived a comfortable yet very sheltered life in the kingdom of Novoselic. Sonia states that she didn't have a single friend equal in status to her, making her very lonely. She eventually traveled to Japan to study the culture after developing an interest. She attended In Utero School before enrolling in Hope's Peak Academy.
They became very close due to their complimenting interests (such as Sonia's interest in the occult with his odd behavior, or her liking of his "cute hamsters"). Sonia showed interest in Gundham's hamsters multiple times, which successfully flustered Gundham and made him blush. However, due to her duties as a Princess, their relationship never had a chance to truly grow.
Sonia admires Meiji greatly, both as her classmate and the class representative. Sonia was very close to her and always hugged and complimented her when she was talking. Sonia was impressed with Meiji's efforts to unite her classmates
- "Society is much like fruit. Once it matures, it is inevitable that it will eventually rot. As the economy grows, the private sector stagnates as elders and bureaucrats become more and more powerful... As time passes, this power becomes the status quo, and crushes the seeds of any possible reformation... ...Such a sad trend."
- "Though I understand it is a forbidden interest for a princess, I am quite interested in Freemasonry! Of course, my interest is purely academic. I have no intention of conspiring to overthrow the government."
- "However...expanding my knowledge like this is the duty every member of the royal family. And that is why I am interested in the occult, cults, and popular dramas!"
- Please think about it. Do you not agree that dismissing a different set of values due to ignorance is foolish? How many foolish wars have be fought on the basis of that ignorance...?"
- "Using the knowledge of the past, we shall develop a new energy source from our old traditions! I understand that it may be a difficult path... However, I shall accomplish it by any means! Guiding my people along the right path is the duty of a ruler!"
- "If I showed my fear, it would fill my people with despair... That is why...I had to wait in silence until rescue arrived. I actually think bbeing ina dangerous situation in private is easier, since I can honestly feel fear for a change."
- "When I am in Novoselic, I am a princess before I am a person. And because of that...I was truly looking forward to this visit. I thought when I came to Japan I could be a regular girl... But in the end, no matter where I go...I am nothing but a princess."
- "A park without benches is like a trendy drama without a kissing scene after the lovers bump into each other..."
- "...When I return to Novoselic, I will no longer have any freedom. As a member of the royal family, I must fulfill my destiny and dedicate my life to my country and people... That has been my promise since the beginning."
- "Of course, formalities are essential. However, the most important quality is one's heart."
- "Being considerate towards those you are dining with is the core of etiquette."
- The name "Sonia" is a Slavic variant of the name "Sophia", which means "wisdom". It is very widespread nowadays, especially in eastern Europe and Scandinavia.
- "Sonia" is also a feminine given name in Hindi, derived from the word सोना sonāa, which means "golden" - matching Sonia's hair color.
- Sonia's surname is taken from the title of the band|Nirvana's second album, Nevermind.
- Her home country of Novoselic is named after Nirvana's bassist, Krist Novoselic.
- If you remove the "H" and the "S" from the "INUTEROHS" crest on her dress, it spells "In Utero", the name of Nirvana's final studio album.
- In Utero is also the name of the high school Sonia attended before Hope's Peak.