- "Imagine the lushest greenest green grass you ever did see. Now drop bands of roving yaks the size of small cars on the landscape along with a shining city in the distance and the sound of goat-horns being blown through as parents call their kids home from school with military jets flying overhead. And the odd bit of yodeling."
- —The Intern, describing Novoselic
The Kingdom of Novoselic is an extremely small European country governed by an absolute monarchy. Though the population is small, its economy is thriving, so the people of the country can live comfortable lives.
For generations, the royal family has protected the kingdom and its people from its neighboring countries. Thanks to that, the people still have complete trust toward the royal family.
Novoselic has many unique traditions, some of which revolve around mysterious local wildlife. For instance, couples in Novoselic cannot get married until they each capture a rare animal native to Novoselic called a Makango and show them to one another; if the relationship involves a member of the royal family, they are expected to catch a Golden Makango instead. Additionally, the people of Novoselic are not acknowledged as an adult until they consume an animal called a Skong.
Novoselic Royal Castle
The royal family of Novoselic has been living in the royal castle for over a thousand years. Even though the castle is old and small, it's truly a wonderful, historic building.
Sonia states that getting lost in the castle subterranean labyrinth is easy. The barracks are fully equipped, as well.
Fun Novoselic Facts
- Novoselic has a legendary hero that has a white shirt, an ahoge, and a completely unremarkable face.
- There aren't any amusement parks in Novoselic.
- Wine and chocolate are two of Novoselic's hidden specialties.
- Anime is wildly popular in Novoselic, particularly the show Sun Witch ♪ Esper Ito.
- Novoselic's elementary schools teach a course on warfare, to the point where grade-school children can operate a tank.
- If a meeting is scheduled in Novoselic, the participants are expected to arrive 13 minutes earlier than the agreed time. Being any later is severely punished.
- Makangos multiply when frightened.