Difference between revisions of "Quinox"
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
Latest revision as of 12:09, 9 February 2020
77.5% nitrogen, 21% oxygen
30 h, 164 d (artificially set)
Quoara, Kira-Urukta (The Kingdom of Air)
826 million (at peak, present 0)
|Places of Interest||
Mysn-Ku (captial), Temple of Light
Quinoxian (ancient times)
The 10th Planet
Forgotten from modern solar system history, this 10th planet and fifth of the outer worlds is the home to Sailor Quinox, aka Matsumi Kaze. A little bit is known about the Rulers of Quinox. Its three capital cities were Mysn-Ku (Tempest City), Mosuga and Un-Ko.
The name Quinox has several possible origins. There have been suggestions that it is a corruption of Quoria. Another possible name that the planet is known by is from the old name for the main continent of the planet, Quinox, where the capital city and the planet's palace lies. It is unlikely the true origin of the name will be discovered, as not many documents exist from the planet's earliest time.
The symbol (Earth-wise) is a stylized version of the letter Q, while in the old Quinoxian culture it represents the power of Air piercing the sphere of the heavens.
The geography of the planet varied a bit, depending on area. There are five main continents on the planet, and some small islands around it (the documents on the number are blurred on this number: one suggests 350 and another suggests at least 3500). On the main continent, Malruna, much of the land is plains, characterized by long purple grasslands and hills. Trees are a rare sight on Malruna though, some species of pines exist in the northern part of continent.
The northern continent, Boreus, is characterized by a colder climate, some higher ranges ranging from hills to mountains, including the Ymir range and the Soluka range, which contains the highest point on the planet, Magunus Joruka, and a lower amount of water, mainly underground.
The western continent, Zelipus, is much more pastoral, with large fields of flowers in the spring, and beautifully frosted in the winter. The continent contains the most varied plant life of any point on the planet. The eastern continent, Halosius, is barer, but contains its own beauty in its many hilly areas.
There are three oceans on the planet, Maluna, Toosa, and Triangus. There are also several seas, the most famous being the Euro Sea, famed for its purple waters due to minerals in the water.
At this current point in time, Quinox is barren rock with 20% of its original mass gone. It has a thin atmosphere of oxygen and nitrogen still clinging to the surface. The Cosmic Loadstone, sometimes used by the Quinioxian royal line, is hidden under the surface of the planet.
Flora and Fauna
The planet was home to a variety of species of both plant and animal, most of which are known due to old records and studies.
Often noted when visited, the grasses of Quinox are one of its most outstanding features, as many of the plants on the planet are shades of purple or blue. Another feature noted with the species of grasses are their rapid growth periods, which helped solidify Quinox' agricultural economy.
In terms of animal life, most of the animals (with some exception, including the dominate life form), were either insect or reptilian. The most noted of all of these were various species of giant moth, the smallest of which was 1 foot long with a 4 foot wingspan, and the largest of which (now extinct) was 8 feet long with a 10 foot wingspan. The current largest species is 5 ft long with a 7-8 foot wing span Some of the giant moth species included Royal, Speckled, Dark and Blue Giant Moth. These moths also served in the cuisine of the planet, with various recipes including them. The giant caterpillars were also common pets for children.
There is no life on Quinox in modern times.
- Tasyo: Herb found growing in fields. Gives a rather sharp flavor
- Masaliki: a flower which grows on a vine. Edible.
- Fsi: leafy plant with round root. Extremely common on the planet and similar to Earth's ginger.
- Palpal: a large lettuce like plant. Flowers in the spring time.
Quinox is largely a maternal society, with it's government mainly run for most of it's history by a queen and it's worship shaped by a female deity. As a result of this, family heritage is traced through the mother's line rather then the fathers, with the male parent's background largely played down (ex. Matsumi's father was Uranian making her a Quinoxian-Uranian hybrid; however, due to her mother being Quinoxian, she is treated as a full Quinoxian.)
Quinoxian religion is both highly spiritual as well as strangely humanistic. Though there are variations across the planet, much of the core values and beliefs are the same. Quinoxians believe in a supreme being known as The One, but that this "god" is so powerful and strange that it is impossible to have any manner of relationship with the deity. Instead, worship is instead confined to The Six Who Came First, servants of The One who in Quinoxian belief were the creators of the planet of Quinox as well as it's people and culture.
- Yan'shu: A stew most often served during harvest festivals. It is generally made up of carrots, Burs (a sort of sharp flavored tuber similar to a potato) and lamb. There are often regional variations to it.
- Tanji: A traditional winter dish which in the future is often served at Christmas. It is made up of a mix of meats and veggies placed in a folded baked dough envelop, with a savory sauce poured over it.
- Peshvo: A meat dish which is slathered heavily with a special sauce and then cooked until the sauce burns into the surface of the meat, which often results in the kitchen filling with smoke, adding to the flavor. A dish from the Vii Valley.
- Saya-Si: a winter holiday celebrated mostly in the Mysn-Ku region. Represents the "sleeping of the harvest under the snow". Lasts three days, with the second day reserved for gift giving and sharing.
- Quinox is the cause of Pluto's rather erratic behavior, due to it's gravitational pull affecting the much smaller planet in it's orbit.
- Quinox is the final planet before the "wilderness" area of the Solar System begins.